Android Application Development
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature."
Ever wondered about making a game like “Temple Run” on which you sweat for hours every day? Android gives you a world-class platform for creating apps and games for Android users everywhere, as well as an open marketplace for distributing to them instantly. Get a chance to enter the world of android app development and get insights into industry standards in this field. For anyone and everyone who wants to enter the field of mobile application development.
Date: 4th and 5th of January, 2014
Duration:16 hours spread over 2 days.
Venue: IIT Bombay
Cost of the workshop: Rs. 1500 per head. Participants have to register individually.
Registrations and payments are closed for this workshop.
For further queries contact:
Note: Due to limited availability of seats for the workshop, registrations will be done purely on first come first serve basis.
Accommodation facility would be provided during the festival. Please drop us an email in case you would need accommodation after your seat is confirmed.
Cost of the workshop: Rs. 1500/- per head.
In order to proceed with your registration you are required to deposit the amount via Online Payment (Prefered over DD) or a DD (preferably via Speed - Post).
- Online Payment:
After you register you will get an email containing the link of the payment portal i.e. (Portal Link). Please pay using online payment because this will confirm your seat right away and help you avoid the problems that DD system has. Please read the Payment Policy carefully to avoid any mistakes you might make.
- DD payment (preferably via Speed - Post):
This is a lengthy process and should not be preferred. DD should be made in the name of "Techfest Workshop" payable at Mumbai. After registering, a scanned copy of the DD must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. After sending the scanned copy, a confirmation mail would be sent to the participants. Participants must courier the DD only when they receive the confirmation mail.
NOTE : If the participants courier the DD without sending the scanned copy first, their DD WONT be accepted. Scanned copy of the DD should be mailed before 20th December, 2013.
The mail of the scanned copy of the DD should be in following format: Subject: Participant id_payment (This is to be STRICTLY followed.)
example: GD 1001_payment
Participant details (Participant's name, email id, contact number)
Attachment: Scanned copy of the DD.
Courier us the DD at the below mentioned address -
Mumbai - 400076
Your registration will be confirmed once we receive the DD. Your DD should reach us by 20th December, 2013.
The following details should be written on the back side of the DD:
NOTE : DDs that do not have the following details written on the back side will be straightaway rejected.
- If a bot successfully detects a set of white stripe and glows the corresponding red LEDs before detecting the next set, the team will be awarded 10 points for that set.
- Team will be given 25 points for moving to (p, q) and lighting the white LED. 15 points will be awarded if it does not glows the LED.
- Team will be given 35 points for moving to (x, y) and lighting the white LED. 25 points will be awarded if it does not glows the LED.
- Team will be given 50 Points for going to the final coordinate and lighting the green LED, 30 points will be given if bot goes to final coordinate but is unable to light the LED.
- The team which completes the task with maximum points will be the winner.
- In case no team finishes the task, team with highest points will be the winner. To evaluate in this case differential marking will be done at various checkpoints.
- In case of a tie, the team with least time will be the winner.
Team SpecificationA team may consist of (a maximum of) 4 participants. Students from different educational institutes can form a team.
EligibilityAll students with a valid identity card of their respective educational institutes are eligible to participate in the event.
Certificate PolicyThe top 3 teams emerging from this competition will be awarded a Certificate of Excellence. All teams having a minimum score of 20 points will be awarded a Certificate of Participation.