- Content Outline
Ph. +91 809 763 6315
Content OutlineThe plotter houses three stepper motors of high resolution for a smoother operation and is controlled by a motor driver providing enough current to drive them. The mechanical structure is a simple cuboid shape which conceals all the other components including the pen to write. Much care is taken while designing the robot mechanisms, making them as simple as possible for a student to fix-up in thirty minutes. The main concepts covered in the workshop are:
- Microcontroller Family
- Selection Criteria for a Microcontroller
- Architecture of 8 Bit Microcontrollers
- Using I/O Ports & Motor Drivers
- Stepper motor control
- Pulse Width Modulation
- Using Timers and Interrupts
- Degrees of Freedom
- Concept of Locus / Application of Line Equation
- Synchronous control of Motors
- Plotting Letters & numbers using 2D motion
EligibilityParticipants having a valid ID card of their respective educational institutions are eligible for the workshop.
Team SpecificationsEach team can consist of a maximum of 4 members. Participants from different colleges may form a team.
Pre RequisitesThis is a basic level workshop and hence there are no pre requisites for it.
Payment DetailsThe cost of the workshop is Rs 7400/- per team. The maximum number of participants per team is 4.
Certificate CriterionAll participants should be present in all the sessions. Failing this, no certificate shall be awarded to the participant.
- Online Payment: After you register you will get an email containing the link of the payment portal i.e. (Portal Link). Please pay using online payment because this will confirm your seat right away and help you avoid the problems that DD system has. Please read the Payment Policy carefully to avoid any mistakes you might make.
- DD payment (preferably via Speed - Post): This is a lengthy process and should not be preferred. DD should be made in the name of "Techfest Workshop" payable at Mumbai. After registering, a scanned copy of the DD must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. After sending the scanned copy, a confirmation mail would be sent to the participants. Participants must courier the DD only when they receive the confirmation mail. NOTE : If the participants courier the DD without sending the scanned copy first, their DD WONT be accepted. Scanned copy of the DD should be mailed before 20th December, 2012. The mail of the scanned copy of the DD should be in following format: Subject: Participant id_payment (This is to be STRICTLY followed.) example: GD 1001_payment Content: DD number Participant details (Participant's name, email id, contact number) Attachment: Scanned copy of the DD. Courier us the DD at the below mentioned address - Techfest Office, Students’ Gymkhana, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai - 400076 Your registration will be confirmed once we receive the DD. Your DD should reach us by 20th December, 2012. The following details should be written on the back side of the DD: Participant id Participant's name Contact No Workshop Name NOTE : DDs that do not have the following details written on the back side will be straightaway rejected.
- 5 points will be awarded for moving to the correct coordinate.
- 10 points will be awarded displaying a correct grid cell colour code, if a bot displays all the four grid cell colour correctly at a coordinate it will gain 20 bonus points.
- 30 points will be awarded if a bot successfully enters finishing zone but these 30 points will only be awarded only if the bot moves to atleast one of the coordinate and also displays its colour code correctly.
Team SpecificationA team may consist of a maximum of 3 members. Students from different educational institutes can form a team.
EligibilityAll students with a valid identity card of their respective educational institutes are eligible to participate.
Certificate PolicyCertificate of excellence will be awarded to the top 3 winners.
Certificate of participation will be awarded to the teams with a score of atleast 15 points
Disqualified teams will not be considered for any certificates.