Tata brings to you two out of league competitions, in which you would get an opportunity to get a totally different industrial exposure. The purpose of first challenge is to make a automated drone using PIX hawk flight controller along with high-accuracy terrain following capability while second challenge focuses on making an adjustable, portable UAV launch pad capable of adapting to uneven ground conditions for safe operations.
Problem Statement- 1:
Design a multi-copter capable of carrying minimum 10kg payload in fully autonomous mode using PIX hawk flight controller along with terrain following capability with the accuracy better than 10cm.
Problem Statement 2:
Design a portable, light weight launch pad capable of adapting to uneven ground conditions up to 250mm. Multi rotor UAV of larger frame size and high payload capacity requires flat and dry surface condition for safe take off and land.
Competition will take place in 3 phases
1. Phase I- Submission of detailed theoretical description of the solution including proposed approach to develop it. Successful submissions must have the technical specs mentioned.
2. Phase II- Selected teams will move to phase II. Here the proposed solution need to be developed (modeled & simulated or PoC). These teams will have an opportunity to submit design report and present their solution to Tata team to receive feedback. Successful submissions must have clearly outlined the approach to develop the prototype.
3. Phase III- Selected teams will move to phase III. Here the proposed prototype will be developed and demonstrated to a panel of reviewers.
Timeline (for both Problem Statements)
1. Last date for registration: 20th September 2017
2. Last date for Theoretical Report of Stage-1 (for all registered teams): 20th September 2017 3. Results and Shortlisting of teams after Stage 1: 30th September 2017
4. Last date for Submitting Design report for stage 2: 15th November 2017
5. Results and Shortlisting of teams after Stage 2: 20th November 2017
6. Presentation of your complete project and prototype: 29th-31st December 2017 at Techfest, IIT Bombay
1. Challenge is open to Btech, Mtech and PhD students of any discipline.
2. A team can comprise no more than 4 members.
3. A team can have no more than one mentor or advisor.
4. Each team needs to nominate a point-of-contact member.
5. Each team needs to submit a proposal in the Phase I
6. Mentor(s) from Tata will be available to guide selected teams during the competition.