Tata brings to you an out of the league competition, in which you would not have to play with bots or codes, but an opportunity to get a totally different industrial exposure. The purpose is to automate the alignment of the tail end of the Wire rod coil, which otherwise is aligned manually. The coil if not aligned, it will get stuck and may cause damage to the finished product (Wire rod). The production line may be also stopped. Thus, it is essential to automate the process. The system should work in red hot zone (550-900 Deg. Celsius).
The Participants need to build a mechanism which aligns the tail end of the coil automatically. Thus, making the operation very safe.
Student from any college & university with a valid ID card.
Please follow this process:- www.techfest.org -> Competitions -> Tata Pioneer's Makerthon -> Automation Challenge -> Register
One team can have maximum 4 members.
Yes, Students from different college can form a team.
The participants who wish to change their team member will have to register once again with the details about their new team member, the new team formed will be provided with a different team id.
Competition will take place in 2 phases
1. Phase I-Submission of detailed theoretical description of the solution. Successful submissions must have the technical specs mentioned.
2. Phase II- Selected teams will move to phase II. Here the actual system will be developed. These teams will have an opportunity to visit the shop floor and understand the challenge directly. The final system needs to be demonstrated on the shop floor.
1. Challenge is open to Btech, Mtech and PhD students of any discipline.
2. A team can comprise no more than 4 members.
3. A team can have no more than one mentor or advisor.
4. Each team needs to nominate a point-of-contact member.
5. Each team needs to submit a proposal in the Phase I
6. Mentor(s) from Tata will be available to guide selected teams during the competition.